Shaba Game Reserve
- Size: 1,700 sq Kms
- Gazetted as a National park: Eastern, Isiolo Districts
- Province: Rift Valley, Narok and Transmara Districts
- Geographical Location: Shaba is part of three small adjoining savanna national reserves that lie on either side of the Northern Ewaso Ngiro River, 340km North, North East of Nairobi (Samburu, Buffalo Springs and Shaba).
- Altitude: 800 - 1,230 meters above sea level
- Distance from Nairobi: 340 Kms
Shaba is part of three small adjoining savanna national reserves that lie on either side of the Northern Ewaso Ngiro River; the others are Buffalo Spring game Reserve, Samburu Game Reserve, Bisanadi Game Reserve and Kora Game Reserve
Dry and hot throughout the year except for rainy season months of March, April May
The reserve consists of a low lying, semi arid plain on the southern bank of the Northern Ewaso Ngiro River. It lies 9 km east of buffalo springs national reserve, from which it is separated by the main road from Isiolo to Marsabit.
Where to Stay/Accommodations
The only lodge in the park is Sarova Shaba Safari Lodge. There are other smaller tented camps and campsites that can be booked in advance