Meru National Park
- Size: 870 sq Kms
- Gazetted as a National park: 1968
- Province: Eastern, Meru District
- Geographical Location: North East of Nairobi.
- Altitude: 366 – 914 meters above sea level
- Distance from Mombasa: 348 Kms
Park is part of Semi-arid zone and has irregular rainfalls. Wet seasons are April- June and November- December. Rainfall is 635-762mm in the west and 305-356mm in the east
Former home of Joy and George Adamson and Elsa the lioness, Views of Mt Kenya, Rivers and riverine habitats, Tana River, Adamson's falls
How to get there
Access from Nairobi (348 kms) is via Nyeri-Nanyuki-Meru or via Embu all weather roads. Access into the park from Maua to Murera Gate (35 km) and 348 km from Nairobi.
The other access is via Embu to Ura Gate (120 km), 290 km from Nairobi- inaccessible at the moment
Where to Stay/Accommodations
Inside the park -Elsa’s Kopje, Leopard Rock Lodge.